Google My Business is a free Google product that allows your business or company to show up when people (customers or prospects) search Google Search, Google+ and Google Maps.
In a strategy to global SEO positioning, many factors influence: Web design is perhaps the most important, but many others influence. For example the use of Google My Business
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business was born to differentiate commercial pages from local ones, which previously did not have a web page.
Thanks to this platform, information about a local activity gains visibility in several directions:
Google search results: customers looking for products and services online, or specific companies, find all the information they need immediately (phone number, hours, directions …). Business in Google My Business may appear at the top of Google’s search results for local searches, an advantageous aspect for users of mobile devices, who perform specific searches on the site where they are located;
Google Maps: customers will know where the company’s location is and how to get there;
Google Plus: photos and comments will highlight the presence of the company on the web. Undoubtedly, this is a very powerful tool, and its importance increases considerably if the company adopts an online communication strategy that includes a geolocated SEO project.
These are the features of Google My Business
- Company information. It shows the contact information such as telephone number, location (address, map, and directions), opening hours, links to the website, a brief description, and photographs.
- Qualification. Users can rate your business and comment on their experience.
- You can share news, short texts, photographs, links and videos with your followers. You can respond to the opinions and doubts of your customers.
- You can update your company information at any time, so you will always be up to date.
- Your business will appear in the searches of any device, whether PC, mobile or tablet.
- Videoconferences. You can approach your clients to converse face to face through video conferences.
- Statistics You will have access to statistics about the interaction of your company, your customers and the content you generate.
Is it important to publish posts in Google My Business?
The publication of publications is crucial to take into account. You can post events, products or services, and these contents are highlighted in a timely manner in the column on the right at the top of the Google search results page.
Is it possible to place a “call to action” within the publications?
Affirmative. Publications in Google My Business can invite you to the following actions:
Request for information
Request of reservation on the site
Invitation to buy
Saving an offer
What are the benefits of the platform?
First of all, it’s free, but its management should not be improvised or random! Your Google My Business profile should be managed by a social network administrator, in coordination with your company’s visibility goals and online competition trends. Proper optimization of the profile, the business card and all the attributes of the account not only reinforce the identity of the trademark, but they place the action at the top of the results for the local and Microsoft smart searches.
Does the web design of your page influence Google My Business?
Definitely yes. In the main images of the Google My Business tab, the corporate image and web design of the page should be highlighted.
For those who don’t yet have a browser responsive web page for tablets or smartphones, Google My Business responds.
If you want more information about how to use Google My Business or other elements of SEO positioning or Web design, you can contact Viridian Geeks Web design Agency here.