You need to prioritize Search Engine Optimization if you own or manage a site. SEO tactics and strategies can assist in improving the rankings of your site in different search engines. The basic meaning of SEO is developing strategies to improve the appearance of your site in search engine results. As a result, you get to attract more visitors to your website.
The more technical and intense SEO involves things like restructuring your site with a consultant or firm that focuses on that area. However, there are some few simple and basic steps that you can do to boost the search engine ranking of your site. This needs some re-thinking and effort on how you create the content on your site.
So, the following are three SEO basics which can help you to improve the rankings of your site.
Do you have the necessary skills to conduct market research?
The first thing you need to do is to do a search on all different search engines to understand the sites that are ranking for certain keywords that seem important to you. Then, you can go further to extend your search results using certain SEO extensions in your browser. This can give you more insights and results in your market research. For example, it can allow you to see:
- Google PageRank
- The age of the site
- The number of inbound links
- If there are any bloggers linking to the site
- If the site is listed in any major directory
Before developing any content for your site, it is important to determine the keywords that are most relevant and important to your site. Also, you need to design pages that fit every important keywords group in your site’s navigational structure and theme. Mostly, these should be based on the following:
- Market value
- Reasonable breaks in the market division
- The significance of ranking when developing page credibility
You can use a program that suits you—like Excel spreadsheet to visualize the structure of your site. You need to make sure that:
- Essential pages or categories are linked to the entire site
- Every page on your site is linked to at least one page on the website
- You use anchor text consistently in your site navigation.
Search engines consider links to be votes—and some votes tend to count more. Therefore, you need to ensure that your site has high-quality links as they can help it to rank better. To do this, you need to produce unique and valuable content, which people can read, discuss and share.
Important tips for link building
- Link your most authoritative and relevant page—but ensure that you don’t direct all your links towards your site’s home page
- Blend the anchor text
- Use different tools for analyzing backlinks to evaluate the most competitive backlinks
- Try linking your pages to high-quality and relevant resources
Strategies for link building
- Make sure that you submit your website to common directories like Yahoo! Directory, business.com, and DMOZ
- Also, ensure that you submit the website to relevant and appropriate nice directories
- Use the RLR Framework to striate the backlinks of your competitor
- Build many links as possible with using the DEEP broken-link building tactic
Promote your content